2012-06-26 5:24 pm EST
Domains are your property, you registered it, so it belongs to you. This means that yes, you may transfer it wherever you wish. Bear in mind that there are TWO (2) definitions of transferring a domain:
1) Transfer the name servers to another hosting service
2) Transfer the domain to another domain registrar
Transferring using a change of name servers is simple. You simply login to the Account Management Panel (AMP), then go MANAGE DOMAINS, and select POINT DOMAIN. Then you change the name servers to where you wish. You will need a set of name servers to do this. Additionally, please note that this change is NOT instantaneous. It may require up to 24 hours (or possibly more depending on your new registrar) for the change to take effect. Domain name server transfers do NOT change the domain registrar - the entity that bills you for the domain.
Using the second method of transfer - changing the domain registrar takes a little more doing.
1. Email technical support and request that the domain be released. If there is domain privacy on the domain, it would need to be removed.
2. Once the domain is released, you will be given an email with a link to retrieve your transfer code.
3. You can then initiate the domain transfer with your new domain registrar. Note that domain registrar transfers can take upwards of 7-10 days depending on the registrar. They may often be much quicker than that, though.
Articles on Domain transfers:
Domain Transfers versus Name Server Change
Unlocking Domain and obtaining the authorization
If you have any further questions, please contact technical support or leave a comment at the bottom of the page.
|Email:||support@WebHostingHub.com||Ticket:||Submit a Support Ticket|
|Chat:||Click To Chat Now|