The previous guide in our working with blocks series covered adding an RSS displayer, in this tutorial we will explain how to add a search block in Concrete5. This is useful because it allows you to add a search function to your Concrete5 website.
Add a search block:
- After logging in to your dashboard, in the site menu select the page that you want to add content to. For this example I am selecting the Test page.
- On the top left, roll your mouse over edit and select edit this page from the menu. This will allow the fields in the page to be edited.
- Now, when you roll your mouse over the page, editable areas will light up. Click the area you would like to add the search block to, and select add block from the list.
- On the add block menu select Search, this will bring up the add search menu.
Once you have made your selections, select the blue Add button on the bottom right.
||Provide a title for the search.
|Submit button text
||Allows you to specify what the submit button says, such as search, enter, or go.
|Search within path
||Lets you choose what level of pages to search on.
|| By default the search results will display on the same page. Checking this box will allow you to choose a different page to display the search results on.
- Hover over editing with your mouse, and select publish my edits to save what you have done. You will now see the RSS feed on your website:
Congratulations, you have added a Search block to your Concrete5 website! In the next guide we will cover working with Concrete5 Tags.