Mailing lists are a popular way to email information to multiple people that frequent your website. In this tutorial we will show you how to add a mailing list signup to your website, using the free Email List Signup add-on available in the Concrete5 Marketplace.
How to Add an Email List Sign-up:
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Roll your mouse over the Dashboard button and click add-ons.
- Enter in the keywords field 'email list', and click the Search button. Select the free Email List Signup add-on.
- Click the blue Download & Install button, you will see a notification stating "The package was successfully installed." Select the Return button, then the Return to Website button on the top left.
- Using the menu, navigate to the page you want to put the Email list sign up on, and click the Edit button on the top left.
- Now click the area you want the email signup block to display on, in my test I want it on the side, so I selected Add To Sidebar.
- Click +Add Block, then scroll down and select or search and click Email List Signup.
||Join our mailing list:
||Give a name to the form.
||Enter your email address
||This is what the visitor will be asked to do.
|Submit Button Text:
||What you enter here will display on the button.
|Submit Error Heading:
||Could not sign you up due to the following problems(s):
||If there is a problem when the visitor signs up, they will see this message.
|Submit Success Message:
||Thanks for signing up! Check your inbox for further instructions.
||When visitors successfully sign up they will see this message.
Automatically (in the block's area)
Manually (elsewhere on the page)
Automatically will display the messages in the same block as the Email List Signup form.
If manually is selected, the messages will display wherever you put the following code inthe template:
<?php Loader::packageElement('page_messages', 'email_list_signup'); ?>
|Confirmation Email FROM Address:
||Your default admin email address, such as:
||The address entered here, is who emails will be sent from.
|Confirmation Email SUBJECT:
||Please confirm your subscription to the Concrete5 Test Site Mailing List
||When a visitor signs up they will be sent a confirmation email, the information you enter here is what will be in the subject.
|Confirmation Success Message:
||Thank you for subscribing to our mailing list!
||When a visitor successfully signs up, they will see the information entered here.
Once you have entered your selection, click the blue Add+ button on the bottom right. Then, roll your mouse over the Editing button and select Publish My Edits. You will now see the email list sign up on your site.
Congratulations, now you know how to add a mailing list sign-up to your website, using the free Email List Sign-up add-on available in the Concrete5 Marketplace.