In the previous tutorial in our getting started with Concrete5 series we showed you how to work with the versions option, we will guide you in enabling maintenance mode in Concrete5. When you are in maintenance mode, visitors will see a message on your site saying "Coming Back Soon This site is currently down for maintenance."
This is helpful when you want to stop people from visiting your site while you perform maintenance, or updates on your website.
How to Enable Maintenance Mode in Concrete5:
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Roll your mouse over the Dashboard button on top, and select System & Settings. This will bring up the System & Settings menu.
- Under Permissions & Access, select Maintenance Mode to bring up the Maintenance Mode menu.
- By default this option will be disabled, select the Enabled option, to put your Concrete5 website in maintenenace mode.
- Click the blue Save button on the bottom right. You will see a message displayed that says "Maintenance Mode turned on. Your site is now private."
Congratulations, now you know how to put your Concretre5 website in maintenance mode! In the next tutorial we will show you how to work with speed and cache settings in Concrete5.