In the previous tutorial in our Getting started with Conrete5 series we guided you through logging into your Concrete5 Dashboard. We will now cover resetting your password if you have forgotten, or lost it.
Typically, to reset your password, just navigate to your login page for Concrete5, then under the forgot your password section enter your email address and select reset and email password, which sends a password reset email. In this tutorial we will guide you through resetting your password in Concrete5, if you don't remember or no longer have access to the admin email address.
Resetting Your Password:
- First, Login to your cPanel
- In your cPanel, navigate to the section titled Databases, and select the phpMYADMIN button.
- On the left of the phpMyAdmin page, select the database associated with Concrete5, in my example the database name is _concrete5.
- On the left side of the screen, scroll down and select Users.
- On the right it will list all users under the uName column, select Edit to the left of the username. In this example my username is admin.
- To the right of uEmail, you can view and update the email address listed. Be sure to use an email address you have access to, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Go (there will be 2, select either one).
- Now navigate back to your login page for Concrete5. Under the forgot your password section enter your updated email address, and select reset and email password. You will then be sent an email with the subject: Forgot Password, with a link to allow password reset. The link will bring up the password reset page, enter the new password twice, and select sign in.
Congratulations, you have successfully reset your Concrete5 password, you are now logged in! In the next guide we will show you how to view your full sitemap in Concrete5.