When someone comments on a page or you allow posts, there is a set list of words that are not allowed or banned. If a word is posted that is banned, it will be replaced by a word specified in the settings.
In Concrete5 there is a default banned words list included, you can ban additional words however. In this tutorial we will walk you through adding words to the banned word list in Concrete5.
Adding Banned Words:
- Using FTP or the File Manager, navigate to the installation location of your concrete5.
- Open the folder titled concrete, then open the config folder.
- Edit the banned_words.txt file. Due to the profane nature of the banned words, I will not provide a screenshot.
You will see a banned word on the left, followed by a comma and a replacement word, here is an example:
In this example, if someone used the banned word on your concrete5 website: badword
It will be replaced by: goodword
- Following the existing formatting style, add your additional banned words, and their replacement words.
- Save the file to record your changes.
Congratulations, now you know how to ban additional words in your Concrete5 website.