The previous guide in our working with groups & permissions in concrete5 series covered viewing application exceptions & emails sent logs in Concrete5. In this tutorial we will guide you in blocking an IP address in Concrete5 using the IP blacklist option. This is helpful when you want to stop a specific visitor from accesssing your website.
Blocking an IP in Concrete5:
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Roll your mouse over the Dashboard button on top, and click the System & Settings option.
- Under the Permissions & Access section, click IP Blacklist. This will bring up the IP Address Blacklist menu.
- Under the Permanent IP Ban section, enter the IP address you want to ban.
- Click the blue Save button on the bottom.
Congratulations, now you know how to blacklist an IP in your Concrete5 webhosting account! The next tutorial will cover smart IP banning in Concrete5.