Fantastico de Luxe
is a feature in cPanel that lets you easily install programs to your account. As of September 17th
, 2012, Fantastico is no longer available and has been replaced by Softaculous
To help alert our customers to this change, this announcement has been placed on all articles relating to Fantastico. If you have not used Fantastico or Softaculous, please see our Softaculous software installation guide
for more help with installing programs such as WordPress and Joomla.
Joomla can be installed onto your hosting account by using Fantastico de Luxe in your account cPanel.
1. Log into your cPanel and click the "Fantastico De Luxe" icon.
2. Click "Joomla 1.5" in the left menu.
3. Click "New Installation" on the right side of the page.
4. Fill out the details on the right and click "Install Joomla 1.5":
- Install on domain: If you have more than one domain name on your account, use the drop down list to select which domain to install Joomla into.
- Install in directory: If you would like to install Joomla into a subdirectory enter the name of the sub directory here.
- Admin access data: You will need a username and password to log into your Joomla admin panel.
- Base configuration: Fill out this area with your email address, full name, and the name of your site.
5. This next page is a summary, click "Finish Installation."
6. On this final page, you will see a confirmation that your new installation of Joomla has been successfully installed. If you would like to have this information emailed to you, enter your email address in the bottom field and click "Send E-mail."
Congratulations, you've just installed Joomla!