Fantastico de Luxe
is a feature in cPanel that lets you easily install programs to your account. As of September 17th
, 2012, Fantastico is no longer available and has been replaced by Softaculous
To help alert our customers to this change, this announcement has been placed on all articles relating to Fantastico. If you have not used Fantastico or Softaculous, please see our Softaculous software installation guide
for more help with installing programs such as WordPress and Joomla.
Drupal can be installed onto your hosting plan automatically through your account cPanel. Follow the steps below to automatically install Drupal onto your account.
1. Click on Fantastico De Luxe in your cPanel under "Software/Services."
2. Click on Drupal, which is beneath the "Content Management" label on the left side of the page.
3. Click on "New Installation."
4. In the first step for installing Drupal (pictured below), you will be providing the basic settings needed to setup Drupal.
- Install on domain: If you have more than one domain name, select here the domain you want to install Drupal on.
- Install in directory: If you would like to install Drupal into a sub directory, enter the directory path here. Leave it blank if you want Drupal installed in the root of the domain.
- Admin access data: You will need to enter a username and password in order to access the Drupal admin panel, it does not have to be the same as your cPanel username and password.
- Base configuration: Your Drupal installation may send the administrator email updates. In this field, enter the email address you would like to receive those emails.
5. On the "Install Drupal (2/3)" page, click "Finish Installation"
6. When you've reached the "Install Drupal (3/3)" page, Drupal has completed installation. You will also have the option to have the information on the page emailed to you.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed Drupal!