In this tutorial we will show you how to add / remove an email address, domain, or subdomain to your Allowed Senders list in your McAfee Control Console. This will whitelist them, and allow their emails to bypass the spam filter.
For example, you may be corresponding with a specific company and want to accept any email from the example.com domain, or you may just want to add 1 email address of a person you are expecting an email from. Adding them to the spam filter ensures that the emails they send will not be flagged, and stopped from getting to your Inbox.
Access the Allowed Senders List:
Before you can add or remove email addresses, you must first login and access the Allowed Senders list, this is easy to do.
- Login to your McAfee Control Console.
- Click the Allowed Senders tab.
Add an Email Address to the Allowed Senders List:
- In the field next to the New button, enter the email address, domain, or subdomain you want to allow messages from, then click the New Button.
McAfee states in their help guide:
The following values are allowed in list entries:
Domain Name - qualified domain name (for example, xyz.com) or subdomains (for example, *@*.xyz.com allows emails from any subdomain of the XYZ domain, such as
). If you know you want to allow all emails from this domain, then use this option instead of typing in each email address associated with the domain
Sender Address - complete email address (for example,
) or partial address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org or *@xyz.com)
You will now see the email address, domain, or subdomain listed in the window.
- Click the Apply button, to save your changes. Now emails they send to you will get to your Inbox without being flagged as spam.
Remove an Email Address from the Allowed Senders List:
- Click the check box next to the email address, domain, or subdomain you want to remove.
- Click the Apply button to save your changes. Now, the address, domain, or subdomain is removed from the Allow list.
Congratulations, now you know how to add and remove email addresses from the Allowed Senders list in the McAfee Control Console!