In this tutorial, we will show you how to add and remove people from the Blocked Senders list in the McAfee Control Console.
When an email address, domain, or subdomain is added to the blocked senders list, they will be blacklisted, meaning that anything they email you will be stopped by McAfee before it gets to your Inbox.
Access the Blocked Senders List:
Before you can add or remove email addresses, you must first login and access the Blocked Senders list, this is easy to do.
- Login to your McAfee Control Console.
- Click the Blocked Senders tab.
Add Someone to the Blocked Senders List:
- In the field next to the New button, enter the email address, domain, or subdomain you want to block, then click the New button. You can add up to 300 entries.
McAfee's help guide states:
Domain Name - qualified domain name (for example, xyz.com) or subdomains (for example, *@*.xyz.com allows emails from any subdomain of the XYZ domain, such as
). If you know you want to allow all emails from this domain, then use this option instead of typing in each email address associated with the domain
Sender Address - complete email address (for example,
) or partial address (for example, email@example.com or *@xyz.com)
You will now see the email address, domain, or subdomain listed.
- Click the Apply button to save what you have added. Now when someone from this list emails you, McAfee will stop it from getting to your Inbox.
Remove Someone from the Blocked Senders List:
- Click the check box to the right of the entry you want to delete.
- Click the Apply button to remove this entry.
Congratulations, now you know how to get to the Blocked Senders list, and add or remove entries!