In this tutorial we will show you how to create a new rule in the the McAfee Control Console. For example you may want to deny (reject) any email that contains specific pharmaceutical names.
You must be the Administrator of the McAfee Email Protection to create a rule.
This rule will affect all McAfee Protected email addresses in your account, and the users will not be notified.
How to Add a New Rule:
- Login to the McAfee Control Console as an Administrator.
- Click the Email Protection tab, then the Policies tab.
- Click the policy you want to add a rule to, then click the Edit button.
- In the Policy Set window, click the Content tab.
- Click the Custom Content Groups tab.
- Click the New button.
On the bottom enter a name in the Group Name field. In the Content field enter the words you want to create a
rule for. If an email contains any of the words entered here, it will be flagged, and an action will be
performed. (The Action will be selected in the next step).
In my tests I am Creating a group name called:
Pharmaceuticals, and in the content field I am entering: viagra, and cialis.
- Click the drop-down box next to Action and choose what you want McAfee to do with emails that include the words you entered in the content field.
Below is a description of the available options:
||If you choose this option, nothing will happen to emails containing a word you entered in the Content field.
||Choose this option to quarantine emails containing a word you entered in the Content field.
||Choose this option to completely deny an email message that contains a word you entered in the Content field.
||This option will let the emails get delivered to recipient Inbox.
||If this option is selected, a notification will be added to the subject of the email containing a word you entered in the Content field.
- After making your selection, click the Enable option, then click the Save button. You will then see the new rule listed, and a message on the bottom stating it was created successfully.
Congratulations, now you know how to create a new custom email rule in the McAfee Control Console!