In this tutorial we will show you how to order a McAfee Protection Pack from AMP, then activate it in your cPanel.
McAfee protection is available in packs of 1, 5 and 10, and offers advanced email filters that protect you from spam, viruses, and malware. For example a 5-pack would protect 5 E-mail addresses.
When you activate McAfee Email Protection, it will update your MX record to route through McAfee's filter, which can take up to 24 hours to propagate. This means it can take up to 24 hours for McAfee to begin filtering your email for spam.
Ordering McAfee Email Protection:
- Login to AMP.
- Under the Additional Services heading, click Other.
- Your hosting accounts will be listed, click the one you want to add the McAfee service to.
- Under the Add Additional Services heading, you will see a list of available services. Click the McAfee Email Protection pack you would like to order.
If you order a 5-pack for example, you can only create 5 email address in your cPanel. To create additional addresses, you must upgrade your McAfee protection pack.
Available options are:
• Add McAfee 1 Email Protection Pack
• Add McAfee 5 Email Protection Pack
• Add McAfee 10 Email Protection Pack
- An order summary will be displayed, choose a payment method and credit card, or enter a new one. Read and agree to the Terms Of Service, and click the Submit button.
- It may take a moment to process the order, then you will see a notification stating "Your order has been completed. Please read throough our McAfee Email Protection Quick Start Guide to get up and running. You can always find the link on your Accoount & Billing Detail page if you forget to bookmark." In a few minutes a receipt will be sent to your primary email address. You can click also Continue to be directed to the Account & Billing page.
Your order has now been completed. You can view the bill item under Active Subscriptions.
Activating the McAfee Email Protection:
After you purchase Mcafee Email Protection, it must be activated for the domain you want to protect.
If the domain was registered recently, please allow up to 24 hours after registration for propagation to complete and then attempt to protect the domain again.
- Login to your cPanel.
- After completing your order, you will see the McAfee Email Protection button, click it.
- Next to Domain: click the drop-down box labeled Select Domain (# slots)..., and select the domain you want to protect.
- Click the Protect Domain button. It may take several minutes to enable protection.
If you want to turn McAfee Email Protection off, just click the Disable Protection button.
Keep in mind this will not cancel your service, you must contact live tech support to cancel McAfee Email Protection.
They are available 24/7 via:
Phone: 877-595-4482 x2
Chat (there is a link on the top right).
Congratulations, now you know how to purchase a McAfee Email Protection Pack from AMP, and then enable it in cPanel! The next step is Logging into the McAfee Control Console as an Administrator.