If you need to recover your password so that you can login to the Control Console for the McAfee Email Protection Manager, then there is a specific process that you must follow. If you are logging into the Control Console for the first time, then please go to Logging into the McAfee Control Console as an Administrator. The process for recovering the Administrator password to login to the Control Console is the same as changing the password. The following article explains the steps involved in making this change.
Changing or Recovering a Lost Password for the McAfee Control Console
- You will first need to log into cPanel, then scroll into the email area and click on the McAfee icon.
- The McAfee Email Protection Manager window will open showing the plans available and the domains that have been protected. Click in the bottom right field where it says McAfee Contact Email.
- The email address that you place in the McAfee Contact Email field is used in an email forwarder. This forwarder is automatically created for every domain that you have chosen to protect with the McAfee Email protection.
If you want to see the forwarder, then go to the MAIL section of your cPanel and then click on FORWARDERS. There you will see the forwarder that is created. The forwarder is based on the domain(s) that you have protected. You will see that any email that goes to the McAfee-Admin@protected_domain.com (where "protected domain" equals the domain(s) that you are protecting) is automatically forwarded to the email address that you have indicated as the Mcafee Contact Email. Once you have the email address typed in, then click on the UPDATE button.
- After the update has completed, click on CONTROL CONSOLE in the top right hand corner.
- When you enter the Control Console you will see the the fields for logging and then immediately below them you will see a link that states: Forgot your password or need to create a password? Click on this link in order to proceed.
The next screen is labeled "Change Password." The email address that you should be using here is the automatically created McAfee-Admin email address for the domain that you are protecting.
The format for the Mcafee-admin email will look like this: "McAfee-Admin@domain_name.com". Make sure that you type this email address correctly. The two options below should be left on the top selection - Email password information to my primary email address. You should only use the Domain Contact if you cannot receive email at your primary email contact. Click on NEXT.
- Once you have completed entering the Admin email and then clicked on NEXT you will see the following message:
Please check the message sent to the selected email address for information on changing your password. If you need assistance, contact your system administrator.
The system then automatically sends an email for the password recovery/change to the McAfee administrator email, but it is automatically forwarded to the email contact designated earlier. The following screenshot is an example what the the customer will see when they receive an email for changing or recovering the lost Administrator password.