OpenCart has the option to show an out-of-stock of warning but will depend on several things:
- Is the quantity for the item 0 in all of the product sections? (Data and Option tabs)
- Is the Out-of-Stock warning enabled in the Option section of the OpenCart 1.5?
- Is the Out-of-Stock warning set to be displayed as per the Out of Stock Status option the
Note that the screenshots to the left indicate where stock has been zeroed in order to show the out-of-stock warning on the product page
The following tutorial will walk you through the process of setting the show out-of-stock warning on the Product page.
How to Enable the Show Out-of-Stock Warning in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SYSTEM and then click on SETTINGS in the drop-down menu
- Select the STORE that you wish to edit and then click on EDIT on the far right to proceed
- Click on the TAB that says OPTION, then scroll down until you see the option labeled SHOW OUT-OF-STOCK WARNING as shown below:
- Select YES to enable the option and NO to disable it.
- Click on the blue SAVE button in the top right hand corner of the screen to save your selection
The Show-out-of Stock warning is an option that requires a few things to occur in concert before the warning is actually displayed. When it is displayed on the store front it will appear as below: