Guest checkout is a feature many people appreciate in ecommerce based sites. It allows you to purchase items without needing to register as a customer of the OpenCart store. The following OpenCart 1.5 tutorial will walk you through how to enable Guest Checkout in the Admin Dashboard.
Enabling Guest Checkout in the OpenCart 1.5 Administration Dashboard
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SYSTEM and then click on SETTINGS in the drop-down menu
- Select the STORE that you wish to edit and then click on EDIT on the far right to proceed
- Click on the TAB that says OPTION, then scroll down until you see the option labeled GUEST CHECKOUT as shown below:
- Click on YES to enable GUEST CHECKOUT, or select NO to disable the option to use GUEST CHECKOUT.
- Select SAVE in the top right hand corrner to save your selection.
The GUEST CHECKOUT provides a convenient way for your customers to buy something from your OpenCart 1.5 storefront without requiring an account. As per the note on the interface, remember that if a downloadble product is in the shopping cart, then the Guest Checkout will not be available.