if you allow customers to become affiliates for your business, you can require that they agree to a set of terms before they can create an account. The following Opencart 1.5 guide will walk you through the process of setting up the required terms that a potential Affiliate must agree to before creating an account.
How to setup the affiliate terms of agreement
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SYSTEM and then click on SETTINGS in the drop-down menu
- Select the STORE that you wish to edit and then click on EDIT on the far right to proceed
- Click on the TAB that says OPTION, then scroll down until you see the option labeled AFFILIATE TERMS as shown below:
- Select the Terms that the affiliate must agree to before they can create an affiliate account.
- Select the blue SAVE button in order to save your selection.
Some account may have different privileges than others. This means that their terms of service or agreement may be slightly different from a typical customer. This option to force an affiliate to agree to terms helps to cover your legal obligations and communicate their rights and privileges so that there are no misunderstandings.