In this tutorial, we will guide you in setting up per item shipping in your osCommerce eshop. This creates a standard shipping rate for a given item, that is added to the price of each item you purchase.
For example, if an item has a set shipping price of $3.00, and you purchase 3 of that item, the total shipping price will be $9.00.
Installing the Per Item Shipping Module:
- Login to the osCommerce Admin Panel.
- Select the Modules button from the navigation menu, then click the shipping option.
- Click the +Install Module button.
- On the Modules list, select Per Item, then click the +Install Module button to the right.
Setting Up Per Item Shipping:
- You will now see the Per Item module listed, select it, and click the Edit button to the right. You will see the Per item menu come up with several available fields.
After making your selections, click the Save button to record the changes.
|Enable Item Shipping
||True enables, this shipping option. If you select False, this shipping option will not be available.
||Enter the price to charge per item, this price will be multiplied by the quantity of this item you are purchasing.
||Enter a handling fee if you are charging one, this will only be charged once, no matter how many items are ordered.
||You can choose a tax class if you want to charge taxes on the shipping price.
||You can select a shipping zone from this drop-down menu, if you do, this setting will only apply to that zone.
||The number you enter here will affect where this option will display on the modules list. Zero will be at the top of the list, and higher numbers will be further down the list.
Congratulations, now you know how to setup Per Item shipping in your osCommerce powered eshop.