In order to cover your shipping needs you will need to provide shipping options to your customers based on one of two options - price or weight. The following Prestashop 1.5 tutorial will walk you through the process adding carriers based on a price range.
How to add carriers based on a price range in Prestashop 1.5
- Go to the login for Prestashop 1.5 Administration Panel and login as an Administrator
- Select SHIPPING in the menu bar, then click on PRICE RANGES from the drop-down menu when it appears.
- Create a new carrier option by clicking on the ADD NEW button. Or, select the shipper that you need to modify, and click on EDIT to make change
- In the example above, there is an existing carrier that can ship for price ranges between $0.00 and $10,0000. To edit this carrier click on the edit option under ACTIONS. Otherwise, select the green ADD NEW button to create a new carrier with a different price range as per the screenshot below:
- Click on the drop-down menu to add the carrier you want, then set the price range that you want the carrier to cover. For example, you might want to set a price range for shipping that costs $1.00 to $10.00.
- Click on SAVE in the top right hand corner in order to save the values you have selected.
Setting the price ranges for your carriers provides one way of organizing the shipping options for your users. If customer purchases fall within the price ranges, then they will be able to use the carrier if it is available to to them. The carrier option will appear in the delivery section of their checkout as per the screenshot below: