Prestashop has currently released 1.6 in ALPHA (do not load this for production!). If you are interested in getting ahead of the game and learning about the latest updates for this popular ecommerce software, try it out so that you can plan your update. The update includes the following:
Upcoming PrestaShop 1.6 Additions and Improvements
- Integration of Bootstrap3.0, FontAwesome, Sass Compass and D3 Data driven documents
- Redesigned back end that cleans up and simplifies the interface. This design is also based on web responsive design.
- The addition of real-time net profit margin which allows you to know your sales and profits immediately.
- A Smart Forecast Statistics Panel that allows you to view trends for your managed shops
- Intelligent Merchant Key Performance Indicator that allows you to look at the composition of your customers and your sales details
- Response redesign of the front-office interface
- Live Template Edits from Front-Office. Saas Compass tech merchants can change the look of their Front-office without technical know-how.
- Instant Field Format Validation in fields for your customers account creation, email or other entries.
- Improved banners for marketing purposes
- Product view - grid or list option
- Filtered Search options using product attributes
- Product Comparison with dedicated URL
- Powerful navigation with new and improved menus
- Brand New Add to Cart Confirmation with Cross Selling
- New Quick View Product Feature
To see the complete list and the progress of this additions, please go to PrestaShop update to 1.6. Note that you should not update to 1.6 until the version is finalized and stable. In order to download the current alpha version 1.6, go to PrestaShop Development versions page.