It is often required to be able to correct an order error or provide some way to return credit to a customer of your shop. In order to do this in PrestaShop, there is an option to create a credit slip. The following tutorial will guide you through providing a credit slip after a return in PrestaShop 1.5.
Adding a Credit Slip for Product Returns in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log-in to the Prestashop administrator dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says ORDERS, scroll down and click on CREDIT SLIPS. You will see the following screen:
The functionality provided here on this screen includes the ability to generate a PDF file of the credit clips , sort the issue credit slips, and delete credit slips.
- Credit slips are generally created AFTER you have confirmed the return of a product from a customer. You must therefore start in ORDERS. Go to the menu bar and select ORDERS, then click on ORDERS in order to see the current order list. When you click on your orders, go to the order where you need to perform the return:
In the above list, order ID#3 is selected and then you see the result below:
Click on the RETURN PRODUCTS button and you will see the screen move to the following:
The option for SET CREDIT is in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. You will see a checkbox next to GENERATE A CREDIT SLIP. Click on the check box, make sure that you have placed a number in the items for your return, then click on RETURN PRODUCTS at the bottom of the page.
- When you have completed this process, you will be sent back to the top of the page and you will see the following message:
- Return to the ORDERS > CREDIT SLIPS page and you will see the CREDIT SLIP that you have created, listed similar to the following:
For more information using the interface to view the generated PDF file, deleting a credit slip, or sorting with the date range, please see How to Manage Credit Slips in PrestaShop 1.5.
Credit slips are often a necessary part of doing business with your customers. Prestashop allows your administrators to issue credit slips after returns have been confirmed. Carefully track these returns in order to maintain a healthy balance between your customers and your shop. Here's an example of the issued credit slip: