There are three newsletter modules in PrestaShop, but only one of them is not installed by default. This module allows you create a CSV file in order to send emails to many people at once. The following tutorial explains how to install the Newsletter module in PrestaShop 1.5.
Setting up the Newsletter Module in PrestaShop 1.5
- Login to the Administrator Dashboard
- Hover over the menu bar where it is labeled MODULES, then click on MODULES when it appears in the drop-down menu
- You will see the general list of modules. Click on the SEARCH field and type in NEWSLETTER, then click on the search button in order to search modules with "newsletter" in the title. Here is an example of the results that you will see:
Click on the check-box at the left for the newsletter module not installed. Then select INSTALL THE SELECTION button at the bottom of the list or select INSTALL button at the far right to begin the installation process.
- When the newsletter is installed, then the module will appear as follows:
You will need to click on CONFIGURE in order to complete the installation.
- The configure screen for the newsletter CSV option shows the following:
The NEWSLETTER BLOCK module adds an option for people to sign up for the newsletter when they sign into your store as a customer. The first option of this configuration screen is to summarize all of the responses from the newsletter block module into a CSV file. This file can then be exported into a mail list program.
You can also create a list based on the customer account data. This would require that you select a criteria in the configuration screen above:
Once you have selected the criteria for the list, click on EXPORT .CSV file. After you have completed generating the .CSV file, click on the BACK option at the bottom of the page (as per below) to return to the Modules list screen.
The newsletter module's sole purpose is to allow you to generate a mailing list. Using a mailing list program, you can easily import the list and then create a mass mailing that will enable you to share information on your business with your customer base.