You may often find the need to sell one or more products together. This is accomplished in Prestashop 1.5 using the PACK option in Products. The following tutorial will show you the steps involved in creating and managing a product sold as a "pack."
How to add and manage pack products in Prestashop 1.5
- Login to the Prestashop 1.5 Administration Panel as an Administrator
- Go to the menu bar and hover over CATALOG until the drop-down menu appears. Click on PRODUCTS
- If you must manage an existing inventory you will see a list of your products appear. Select the item you wish to edit, otherwise select the green ADD NEW button. Look for Informations> PRODUCT GLOBAL INFORMATION, then select PACK. You will see the following screen:
Notice that this screen illustrates when you are creating a PACK item. If you had selected a product that was a pack item, the screen would appear as the following:
The example above shows that the 1 pair of the SHURE SE210 Sound-Isolating Earphones for iPod and iPhone are bundled with the iPod Nano.
- When you are creating a PACK, you are creating a combination of items to sell. This affects many things for the product including:
-Information and description
-Images used for the product(s)
And it may affect the other options within PRODUCT management within Prestashop. You will need to make sure that you account for all of the necessary changes so that you can accurately describe the bundled products for your customers. Change these options as needed in order to manage the products you are selling in combination with another product.
- Select the SAVE option at the top of the screen to preserve your changes
Once you have set all of the required changes you can see how the bundled product will appear in your storefront. Here's an example of the headphones and iPod packed together:
Using the PACK option in Prestashop 1.5 allows you to easily add one or more products in a bundle that you can provide to your customers. For further information on managing your PRODUCTS within the Prestashop, go to Managing Products within Prestashop 1.5.