In this tutorial we will show you how to put your VirtueMart powered e-commerce site in Offline, or maintenance mode. Maintenance mode disables your store, and helps you notify customers if you are working on the site, performing updates, or whatever the case may be. I will walk you through enabling Maintenance mode, and updating the message that displays on your website.
I recommend using this option during off-peak hours if possible, so it does not affect your sales.
How to Put VirtueMart in Maintenance Mode
- Login to your Joomla! Admin panel.
- In the menu, roll your mouse over Components, and click VirtueMart.
- On the VirtueMart menu, click Configuration, then the Configuration option.
- Under the Shop Settings menu, click the check box to the right of the Shop is offline? option.
To change the default maintenance message, edit the field to the right of Offline Message.
- After selecting the Shop is Offline? setting, and updating your Offline Message, click the Save or Save & Close button. You will see a message stating Configuration Saved.
Now when you navigate to your VirtuMart site, you will not able to make a purchase, and you will see the Offline Message displayed.
Congratulations, now you know how to put your VirtueMart powered e-commerce store in maintenance or offline mode when you are working on it.