Fantastico de Luxe
is a feature in cPanel that lets you easily install programs to your account. As of September 17th
, 2012, Fantastico is no longer available and has been replaced by Softaculous
To help alert our customers to this change, this announcement has been placed on all articles relating to Fantastico. If you have not used Fantastico or Softaculous, please see our Softaculous software installation guide
for more help with installing programs such as WordPress and Joomla.
If you previously installed software for your site using Fantastico De Luxe, you will want to make sure you use Fantastico De Luxe to remove that software as well. While you can manually move or delete files using either the cPanel File Manager or FTP, it is not recommended. Manually removing software that was previously installed using Fantastico does not update the data file that Fantastico De Luxe uses to keep track of what software has been installed on your account. This can cause errors later on if you try to install software with Fantastico De Luxe in that same folder.
The good news is removing software installed with Fantastico is just as easy, if not easier than installing that software with Fantastico.
- Once you are logged into your cPanel account, find and click on the "Fantastico De Luxe" icon (the blue smiley face) to pull up the Fantastico De Luxe area of cPanel:
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, choose the software you wish to remove. In this example, we will be removing a Joomla installation so I'll click on the Joomla link in the menu:
- This will show all the instances of Joomla that have been installed, whether they are on separate domains, subdomains or in a sub folder. Determine the correct instance you wish to remove and click the Remove link beside it. In this example, I'm removing Joomla from the christi.whhsupport.com subdomain:
- In the next step, we will be aksed to confirm that we wish to remove this instance of the software. Click on the Remove... button to confirm you wish to continue with removing the software:
- This will remove the software and you will receive a message that the installation was removed:
That's all you need to do to remove software via Fantastico De Luxe. Now that you've successfully removed the software, you can either choose to install different software via Fantastico De Luxe
by clicking on the desired software or return to the cPanel home screen.