Fantastico de Luxe
is a feature in cPanel that lets you easily install programs to your account. As of September 17th
, 2012, Fantastico is no longer available and has been replaced by Softaculous
To help alert our customers to this change, this announcement has been placed on all articles relating to Fantastico. If you have not used Fantastico or Softaculous, please see our Softaculous software installation guide
for more help with installing programs such as WordPress and Joomla.
Moodle is one of the many programs available for easy installation through your cPanel. Follow the steps below to install Moodle onto your account.
Installing Moodle using Fantastico
1. Log into cPanel and select "Fantastico De Luxe" under the Software/Services section.
2. Click the Moodle link, which is beneath "Other Scripts."
3. Click the "New Installation" link.
4. In step 1/3 for installing Moodle, you will be providing the basic settings needed to setup Moodle.
- Install on domain: If you have more than one domain name, select the domain you which to install Moodle onto.
- Install in directory: If you would like to install Moodle into a sub directory, enter the directory path here.
- Admin access data: You will need to enter a username and password in order to access the administrative area of Moodle, this does not have to be the same as your cPanel username and password.
- Base configuration: This is basic information for your website, and can be edited later from your Moodle Admin Panel.
- The default 15 minute cron job should be sufficient for most sites.
5. Click "Install Moodle"
6. On the "Install Moodle (2/3)" page, click "Finish Installation"
7. When you've reached the "Install Moodle (3/3)" page, your Moodle installation has been successful. You have the option on this page to have the installation information emailed to you.
Congratulations, you successfully installed Moodle!