Fantastico de Luxe
is a feature in cPanel that lets you easily install programs to your account. As of September 17th
, 2012, Fantastico is no longer available and has been replaced by Softaculous
To help alert our customers to this change, this announcement has been placed on all articles relating to Fantastico. If you have not used Fantastico or Softaculous, please see our Softaculous software installation guide
for more help with installing programs such as WordPress and Joomla.
TYPO3 is one several Content Management Systems (CMS) that are available for easy install via Fantastico De Luxe in your cPanel. In this TYPO3 tutorial, we will guide you through installing TYPO3 through Fantastico De Luxe in cPanel. If you are not currently a Web Hosting Hub customer and need instructions on how to install TYPO3, please see our tutorial on installing TYPO3 manually.
- Begin by logging into your cPanel account.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Fantastico De Luxe icon under Software / Services.
- On the Fantastico De Luxe page, under Content Management, click on TYPO3.
- To the right of the list of articles you will see a description of TYPO3. Click on the New Installation link to begin your TYPO3 installation.
- On page 1 of the TYPO3 CMS installation, select and fill in the following information:
|TYPO3 Installation Settings
|Install on domain
||From the drop down menu, choose the domain or subdomain for your TYPO3 installation
|Install in directory
||If you want to install TYPO3 into a subdirectory (subfolder) type in the name of the folder. Note, the folder should not already exist, Fantasico will create it for you.
|Admin access data
||The user name you want to create for your logging into TYPO3
||Create a password (up to eight characters) for logging into your TYPO3 CMS that is not easy for others to guess. Please do not use the password shown in the example
||Input a site name for your TYPO3 website
|Admin full name
||Input your full name
||Replace the auto-populated email with your email address Administrator email address in TYPO3
- Click the Install TYPO3 button
- On page 2 of the TYPO3 CMS install you will see a notification that the MySQL database was created and the URL where TYPO3 is installed. Click on the Finish installation button.
- On page 3, you will see the URL of your TYPO3 website and the URL for your TYPO3 admin area. It's usually a good idea to bookmark the admin URL so you can easily access it for logging in. To have your TYPO3 installation details emailed to you, fill in your email address in the box provided and click the Send E-Mail button.
Congratulations, you've completed your TYPO3 install! Our next tutorial will guide you through logging into your TYPO3 admin area.