In this article, we'll show you how to migrate a WordPress site that you have running in EasyPHP (on your local computer) to your Web Hosting Hub account.
If you're not familiar with EasyPHP, this article is not for you (as it assumes you've installed EasyPHP on your local computer and are already testing a WordPress site on it). If you're looking for help on migrating WordPress from one host to another, please see our Education Channel:Migrate your WordPress Site to Web Hosting Hub
- Install WordPress to your Web Hosting Hub account.
- Make sure that the version of WordPress you are running in EasyPHP is the same as what you installed in your hosting account in Step 1. If it is not, upgrade your local installation in EasyPHP.
- In your EasyPHP admin panel change the url to your domain name and switch to the default WordPress theme.
- Using phpMyAdmin in EasyPHP export your WordPress database, take note of where you save the exported file.
- Using an FTP program (FileZilla is a good one) upload the local copy of your wp-content folder to your hosting account (overwrite the existing wp-content folder on your hosting account).
- Using phpMyAdmin on your hosting account select all the tables in the new database and then select Drop in the dropdown menu to drop all the tables in that database. Click Go.
- Select Import and find the SQL file you exported in Step 4, click on that file and then click Go.
- Log into your WordPress dashboard at yourdomain.com/wp-admin (on your hosting account) and switch to your desired theme.
- Check your plugins to make sure they are all activated, re-activate any plugins if they are not.
Congratulations, you've uploaded your local version of WordPress site to your Web Hosting Hub account!