When WordPress was first released in 2003, initially the software's primary function was to work as software for a blogging website. Since that time however, more and more features have been added and you can build almost any type of website that you want with WordPress! Other popular uses of the WordPress software include:
- Business Website - You can use WordPress to promote a local store or even sell your products online.
- Photo Gallery - Many WordPress plugins are available to turn your WordPress site into a photography portfolio.
- Information Website - If you want to build a website that will offer instructions or tips to your visitors, the posting style of WordPress makes the process easy.
- Review Website - Reviews for products ranging from video games to movies to baby products can easily be organized in WordPress' extensive categories and page options.
- Personal Website - Even if you are just building a website for a resume or for your family, WordPress has the options that you will need.
With the features that WordPress currently offers, along with the thousands of free plugins available; building your website with WordPress has never been easier, no matter what type of website you plan on creating.
To return to the preceding course, please click on What is Wordpress?
If you wish to go to the next course, go to How to Install Wordpress through your Cpanel.
To see the course list in this class go to 101: Wordpress- Getting Started Guide.