The Text Widget in WordPress is one of the most popular widgets because it is so versatile. Using this widget you can add custom text to your WordPress sidebar. If you are comfortable with HTML, you can also style that text if you like are add a plugin like the WYSIWYG Text Widget which will allow you to style your text without having to know HTML or CSS.
- Begin by logging into your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on Widgets, under Appearance in your dashboard menu.
- Drag and drop a Text Widget from the available widgets into your sidebar (or other area if your theme has additional areas that allow widgets).
- Enter your text into the widget. If you have multiple lines of text, be sure to select "Automatically add paragraphs." Click the Save button and then the close link in the widget window.
- Now we have our new text widget in the sidebar on our site:
If you need to go back to the previous course, then click on Searching for and Installing Widgets.
Or if you wish to review the courses in this class, please go to: 104: Introduction to Plugins and Widgets.