A good way to protect your Wordpress website from hacks, or malware is to scan your files for changes. The WordPress File Monitor Plus 2.2 plugin is an easy way to scan your files on a regular schedule for changes, or modification.
In this tutorial we will show you how to install the WordPress File Monitor Plus 2.2 plugin in Wordpress, then we will go over the basic settings.
I recommend performing a backup of your website, before installing any Wordpress plugin, or theme.
Install WordPress File Monitor Plus:
- Login to the Wordpress Dashboard.
- Click the Plugins link in the navigation menu, then click the Add New link.
- In the search box, enter "wordpress file monitor plus" then click the Search Plugins button.
- You will see WordPress File Monitor Plus listed, click the Install Now link. A message will pop-up asking "Are you sure you want to install this plugin?" click the OK button.
- The "Installing Plugin" message will come up, click the Activate Plugin link. WordPress File Monitor Plus has now been successfully installed.
Using the Wordpress File Monitor Plus:
- You can access the options by clicking Settings in the Dashboard, then clicking Wordpress File Monitor Plus. Below is a description of the available settings:
||Choose if you want this plugin to generate the cron job for checking files, or you would like to create yourself.
|File Check Interval
||Choose from the drop-down if you want to check Hourly, Twice Daily, Daily, or Manually.
|Notify By Email
||Choose if you want to be notified by email of any issues that are detected. Options are Yes, or No.
|Notify Email Address
||Enter the email you want notified if an issue is detected.
|From Email Address
||Enter the email address you want the notification sent from.
||Choose if you want an email sent to the admin email for Wordpress.
|File Check Method
||Check which options you want to use to check for issues, options are File Size, Date Modified, and File Hash.
|File Check Root
||The root of your Wordpress installation will be listed here by default. You can modify it if you want to check elsewhere.
|Dirs/Files To Ignore
||You can enter file names here to ignore.
|File Extensions Scan
||You can choose to only scan, or skip files with the extension listed in the File Extensions field.
||Enter the file extension here that you want to scan or skip.
- Click the Save Changes button when you are done.
Congratulations, now you know how to install and use the WordPress File Monitor Plus 2.2 plugin in Wordpress!