We always recommend keeping Wordpress, or any content management system (c.m.s.) updated at all times. If for some reason you are unable to perform an update, this plugin attempts to secure older versions of Wordpress.
As per ICS Security Fixes "ICS Security Fixes is the plugin for those who do not upgrade their WordPress: the plugin tries to fix known WordPress vulnerabilities at that remaining compatible with as many old WordPress releases as possible. And though it cannot fix all known vulnerabilities, it makes older WordPress installations more secure."
In this tutorial we will show you how to install the ICS Security Fixes Plugin, then activate it. Once it is activated it is protecting your outdated Wordpress site, and there are no settings that you can modify.
It is never recommended to run outdated versions of Wordpress, or any plugins.
I recommend performing a backup of your website, before installing a Wordpress plugin.
Installing ICS Security Fixes:
- Login to the Wordpress Dashboard.
- Click the Plugins link on the menu bar, then click the Add New link.
- In the available box, search for 'ics security fixes'. You will see it listed, click the Install Now link.
- A box will pop-up and ask "Are you sure you want to install this plugin?" click the OK button.
- You will then see an Installing Plugin page, click the Activate Plugin link. You have now successfully installed the ICS Security Fixes Plugin in Wordpress.
Congratulations, now you know how to install and activate the ICS Security Fixes Plugin for protecting your outdated installation of Wordpress!