When you create a new user or a new user registers for your site, a user role is assigned. If you want to change the role of a user, you can easily do this through the Users menu in WordPress. For more information about working with users and roles, please see our article Understanding User Roles and Capabilities in WordPress.
- Log into your WordPress dashboard to begin.
- In the menu on the left side of the dashboard, select Users > All Users to view a list of your WordPress users.
- Select the user you want to change the role for by hovering over the username and clicking on the Edit link for that user.
- On the Edit User page choose the new Role from the drop down menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Update User button to save your changes.
To continue changing roles for any other users, return to the Users list and edit the next user you wish change the role for. If you have any questions about changing user roles in WordPress, please feel free to submit a question in our Support Center.