24/7 U.S. Support – 877-595-4482
In the previous tutorial we explained what Wordpress plugins and widgets are. One of the great features of WordPress is the ability to quickly download and use free plugins to help enhance your website. Below are the steps to download a WordPress plugin.
1. The first thing you will need to do is log into your WordPress Dashboard. Once logged in, click "Add New" under "Plugins."
2. Using the search feature provided in WordPress, search for a plugin.
3. In this example, we searched for "facebook" to find a plugin that will add a link to my posts on my Facebook page. Once the search results display, click "Details" to read more about the plugin.
4. If you would like to use the plugin, click on "Install Now":
5. After the plugin has been installed, click "Activate Plugin" to activate and begin using it. Some plugins will allow you to make additional changes to the settings. To change the settings of your plugin, click on the "Settings" menu option on the left to access the settings for your new plugin.
In the next tutorial in our introduction to Wordpress plugins and widgets series will cover how to update wordpress plugins.
|1.||What is a WordPress Plugin and Widget?|
|2.||Searching for and Installing Wordpress Plugins|
|3.||How to update a WordPress Plugin|
|4.||Searching for and installing Widgets|
|5.||An Introduction to the WordPress Text Widget|
|6.||How to Setup W3 Total Cache for Wordpress|
|Email:||support@WebHostingHub.com||Ticket:||Submit a Support Ticket|
|Chat:||Click To Chat Now|