24/7 U.S. Support – 877-595-4482
If you are moving your website from a different host, if that other host also used cPanel it will make the process much easier. To complete the move you would need to make a cPanel backup at your old host, upload the backup into your account with Web Hosting Hub, and then request our support team to restore the backup for you.
1. Generate a cPanel Backup: First, you will need to generate a cPanel Backup at your prior hosting company.
2. Download your cPanel Backup: After you have generated a backup, download the backup file to your desktop using FTP or from the download link within your prior host's cPanel.
3. Upload your cPanel Backup to your Web Hosting Hub account: Using FTP, upload the cPanel backup to your Web Hosting Hub account.
4. Request for your cPanel Backup to be restored: After you have uploaded your Backup, email
and request that we restore this backup for you onto your account. Also include for verification purposes either your original cPanel account password or the last four digits of the current credit card that we have on your account.
5. Test your Website: After we have restored your cPanel backup, use the temporary URL provided in your Welcome Email to test the website.
6. Point your Domain: After you've tested your website, you will now modify the DNS settings of your domain to point to our servers. You can do this by logging into the registrar for the domain and changing the nameservers to ns1.webhostinghub.com and ns2.webhostinghub.com
7. Test your Website Again: DNS changes can take 4 to 24 hours to take full effect, so be sure to check your site periodically so you can test the website again once the nameserver changes have taken full effect.
If you have any questions, our tech support is here 24/7 and they will be happy to assist you.
|Email:||support@WebHostingHub.com||Ticket:||Submit a Support Ticket|
|Chat:||Click To Chat Now|