Contao makes it easy to make many of its settings by centralizing them in a section of the Systems back end modules called “Settings.” The System>Settings starts with the Website Title section. This section includes both the values for the Website Title and the contact Email address for the System Administrator. The Website Title is actually used within Contao as the root title name that you will see labeling the back end home page, the root of the Site Structure tree view, and login screen to the Contao Back end. The following tutorial walks you through changing the Website Title and editing the system administrator email address within the Website Title section.
Changing the Contao Website Title in System Settings
- Login to the Contao Administrator Back end.
- Scroll down the left side of the screen in the Back end modules until you find the System section.
- Click on SETTINGS and the Website Title section will be at the top of the screen.
- In order to change the title of the Contao website, click on the Website Title field and then type in your desired website title name.
- To the right of the Website Title field is the Email address of the system administrator field. Click in this field to change the email address.
- Click on SAVE or SAVE AND CLOSE in the bottom left-hand screen in order to save your entries.
The System Administrator email address affects emails sent to the administrator of the website, but the Website Title change is easier to observe. This setting affects the back end of the Contao system, so in order to see the effect of changing the Website Title, you will need to look in several places. Here are a few screenshots illustrating the location of the Website Title within the Contao backoffice where the website title is "Contao Demo Site":