In the previous article we explained what cPanel is. Logging into your cPanel couldn't be easier. You can access your cPanel through either your Account Management Panel (AMP) or through your cPanel URL.
Logging into cPanel through the cPanel URL:
- Visit yourdomain.com/cpanel (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain)
- Login using your cPanel username and password
Logging into cPanel Through AMP:
- Begin by logging into AMP.
- Within the hosting details box on your AMP home page, click on cPanel
- This will take you automatically into your cPanel account.
If you have any trouble logging into your cPanel account, you can change your cPanel password by selecting the reset password link under the Work in Your Control Panel link.
Troubleshooting cPanel login problems:
I am not prompted for a username and password when attempting to login:
The first step to login to your cPanel is visiting yourdomain.com/cpanel. When you visit this page, you should be prompted for your cPanel username and password. If you're not, usually it is due to your domain name just being registered / or not pointed to our servers, or you're using an internet connection in which the cPanel ports (2082 / 2083) are blocked. Usually trying one of the following will resolve these issues.
I am entering a username and password, but they are not being accepted:
- Use cpanel.yourdomain.com instead of yourdomain.com/cpanel (this uses cPanel proxy, which access cPanel over port 80 vs. 2082 / 2083)
- Use your temporary cPanel url, which should look similar to: http://ehub22.webhostinghub.com/cpanel
Be sure to replace "ehub22" with your actual server name.
If your username and password are not being accepted when logging into cPanel, it could be either of these issues:
- Ensure you are using the correct cPanel url (refer to the directions above under 'I am not prompted for a username and password')
- Ensure you are using all lowercase for your username, and you are entering the correct case for your password. For example, password is different from PaSsWoRd
- You are using the incorrect password. Don't worry, this is very common. If you're not sure what your cpanel username and password are, please contact our support department for further assistance with logging into cPanel.
Then next tutorial in our getting started with cPanel series will discuss the layout of the cPanel Admin page.