In the cPanel Backup Wizard, you have the option to create a partial backup of your hosting account. One of the options when creating a partial backup is to download a copy of a MySQL database. If you have a database backup you created through the Partial Backup option in the cPanel Backup Wizard, this tutorial will walk you through the steps of restoring that database backup.
How to Restore a Backup
- Begin by logging into your cPanel.
- On the cPanel home page, select the Backup Wizard icon under the Files section.
- On the right side of the page, click on the Restore button.
- On the Select Restore Type tab, click on MySQL Databases.
- On the Backup/Restore tab, click the Browse button and select your database backup file on your local computer.
- Click Upload to begin the database restoration.
- A new tab will open in your browser that shows the progress of the database restoration. Once the restoration is complete, Dump completed on... will be shown at the bottom of the page in this new tab.
Congratulations, you've completed your database restoration. You can now visit your site to verify your database has been properly restored.