In the previous guide of our using email series, we covered how to create email accounts, we will now show you how to log into webmail to use these new email accounts. You can always send and receive email using a client such as Outlook, or Mac Mail, but hosting accounts with us also have access to 3 webmail programs: SquirrelMail, Horde, and RoundCube. These allow you to check your email from any computer with Internet access.
All 3 show you the same email, so you'll want to choose one that best suites your needs. Squirrel Mail is more basic and to the point, while Horde and RoundCube offer more options.
In this example we are going to log into SquirrelMail, however it is the same process to log into Horde and RoundCube.
- Access the webmail login page by navigating to: yourdomain.com/webmail (be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name).
You will then see a box asking for a Username and Password. This will look different depending on what browser you are using. In this example we are using Internet Explorer.
- When the login box appears, type in the full email address as the username, and the password for that email address, then click OK:
You will then be logged in, you can make sure you signed in with the correct address because it will display on this page:
- In this example we are selecting SquirrelMail, click on the "Read Mail Using SquirrelMail" link or click on the SquirrelMail icon. This will bring you into the SquirrelMail application:
Now you can send and receive email with the address that you logged in with.
Solutions to common issues:
- Make sure you use your full email address and password when logging into webmail (not your cPanel username and password).
- Avoid using the Webmail icon from the home screen of cPanel as it will automatically log you in with the cPanel username without asking you for the email address and password you want to check email for.
Congratulations, now you know how to login to Webmail! In the next tutorial we will show you how to edit your MX records