Before you can do anything with Joomla you will need to install the program to your server. You can install Joomla using Softaculous in your cPanel. The following steps will explain how to install Joomla on your domain using Softaculous.
Steps to install Joomla 3.1
Note! If you get a warning stating you need a newer version of PHP, you can request a server move by contacting tech support. Joomla 3.1 requires PHP 5.3 or higher.
- Log into cPanel.
- Got to "Software / Services" and click the Softaculous icon.
- In the "Portals/CMS section" click Joomla.
- Click the "Install" button at the top right.
- Select the domain you are installing your Joomla site on Leave the "In Directory" blank.
Enter a "Admin Username" and "Password".
- Once the installer is done you will need to click the "Overview" link. .
You will now see the install in the list of installed software.
Visiting the domain you installed the Joomla 3.1 on should look like a base site. See the snapshot to the right.