Product descriptions are an important part of your product's selling point and are also used when the meta description is not present. The product description is the text that describes the product and explains it's features, history, or other information that will be shared when a customer is viewing the product in your store. The following tutorial will show how to add a product description using the OpenCart 1.5 Administration Dashboard.
How to add a product description in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar, then select CATALOG. Click on PRODUCTS when the drop-down menu appears. If you have not created products yet, then select INSERT to add a new product. Otherwise, select a product from your list and select EDIT
- Stay on the GENERAL tab when it appears and scroll down to where it says PRODUCT DESCRIPTION. The screenshot below illustrates the area:
- The screenshot of the editor above shows a sample set of text for the PRODUCT DESCRIPTION. You can edit the text, or click in the box to start typing in your product description text. Note that you have many editor options. Use them to help make your description easier to read and easier to see
- Select the blue SAVE to record the text that you have added
While it is not required, the product description still remains as one of the most important text fields in your store since it describes the product to your customers. Make sure you are using an accurate description for your product, as well as making it easy to read. For more information on adding products to OpenCart, go to the Overview of Adding a Product to the OpenCart 1.5 Administration Dashboard.