Using a voucher is like getting a coupon, but the main difference is that it is specifically addressed to a customer and for a fixed amount. Vouchers have a code like coupons and are delivered to the customer via email. The following article explains how to create and assign gift vouchers in OpenCart 1.5.
Creating Gift Vouchers in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administrator Dashboard for OpenCart 1.5
- Hover over the menu bar where you see SALES. When the drop-down menu appears bring your arrow down until it is over GIFT VOUCHERS. This will open up another menu (which will slide open to the right) and then click on GIFT VOUCHERS. You will see a screen similar to the following:
||Code used to activate the voucher by the customer
||name used to identify the voucher sender
||name of the voucher recipient
||amount in currency / value of the voucher
||Graphic appearance of the Voucher in email
||Enabled or Disabled option
||Date that the gift voucher was created and added
||Allows you to EDIT or SEND voucher
- In order to create a new gift voucher, click on INSERT in the top right hand corner. When you click on insert you will see the following screen:
Fill out all of the fields noting the labels with the red asterisks - these are mandatory in order for the voucher to be saved.
- Once the fields have been completed, then you would be able to save the gift voucher by clicking on SAVE in the top right hand corner and then move to the next step of deciding when to send the voucher.
- The option to SEND the voucher is done after the voucher has been saved. This is not an automatic process and you must click on the SEND button when you are ready to send the gift voucher to your customer.
Gift vouchers are a way to appease your customers with by providing a fixed amount that can be used with your store. This could be any amount and may be linked to events such as birthdays or holidays. Vouchers, unlike coupons are customer specific, and you need to specifically email these "gift certificates" to your customers. When you send one through email you may see something like the following: