Once you have created your Addon domain's website in Dreamweaver, you can configure your site's server settings in Dreamweaver.
Please note, these instructions are for publishing to an Addon domain in Dreamweaver. If you would like to set up Dreamweaver to publish files to your main domain name, please see our tutorial on configuring your main domain's server settings in Dreamweaver.
- Begin by opening your site settings in Dreamwever by clicking Site in the menu bar and choosing Manage Sites from the menu.
- Choose your site from the list and click the Edit button.
- If your site's server settings have not been created, click Servers and then click the plus sign to add a new server. If you already created a server for this site, choose the server from the list and click the pencil icon to edit the server settings.
- Fill out the settings as described below:
|Dreamweaver Basic Server Settings
||Enter a name for this server account that will help you remember site these settings are for.
||Enter your Addon domain name
|Username and Password
||Enter your Addon domain's FTP username and password
||Leave this field blank. Since you are using your Addon domain's FTP user name and password, that FTP account should already be configured to publish to the Addon domain's document root.
||Type in your Addon domain's URL. For example: http://yourdomain.com
||Select the box next to Use Passive FTP
- Click the Test button
- When you see the notification that Dreamweaver connected to the web server successfully, click OK and then click Save.
Dreamweaver is now configured to publish your Addon domain's website.