The following article reviews how the word unlimited applies to your account. Like Web Hosting Hub, you will often find that many hosts apply this term to the features of a hosting account on a web server. However, there are some necessary limitations due to the nature of the computers that run your website and the configuration necessary to keep hosting costs low on Web Hosting Hub servers.
What does "Unlimited" apply to?
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Websites
- Unlimited Email Addresses
- Unlimited FTP Addresses
- Unlimited FTP Accounts
- Unlimited Sub-Domains
- Unlimited Parked Domains
- Unlimited MYSQL Databases
The term “unlimited” is applied to these items in order to provide a generous working environment for a normal website builder. Our hosting accounts are intended for personal and small business use, so we do have some limitations in place in order to keep the price of our service economical. The average user will not have any problems with available resources on the web server, but a customer with significantly more traffic or usage may not be well-suited for a shared hosting account.
What resources are limited?
Web servers are computers. Like any computer, each web server has resources that have a physical limit. These resources include: Memory, Hard Drive Space, CPU, and Data throughput.
The Resources used by the servers:
- Memory (RAM) - think of this as the temporary or short-term memory used by the CPU to run applications.
- Hard Drive space - space that stores your website files. Web Hosting Hub attempts to provide the disk space needed to power its customers' websites as far as is commercially reasonable. There is no arbitrary limit on the amount of data stored on an account, but capacity is determined by availability, commercial viability, and the effect on the shared platform as a whole.
- CPU - the Central Processing Unit or brains of the server. CPUs require time in order to process assigned requests.
- Data Throughput - The rate that data that travels to get to various locations within the web server.
Unlimited within reason
How does the term "unlimited" apply to your web hosting account? The accounts are designed to provide ultimate flexibility for websites and users who fit within the shared server model. An example of this would be a quick informational website. Due to the flexibility of Web Hosting Hub hosting specifications, there can be much more. A good analogy of a shared server would be an all-you-can eat family buffet restaurant. You may have paid for "all-you-can-eat", but the reality is that there are other people eating and you will not be able to consume all of the food in the buffet. The same thing applies with your hosting account. Your website will consume resources on the server. Since the web server is based on a shared server model, other websites that are hosted on the server share the same resources with your hosted site(s). Like the buffet, you will not be able to consume all of the resources available to you.
Shared hosting accounts help people who are new to the internet, starting up a business, or those experimenting with an application to quickly and economically put up a website. With the recent integration of the Web Hosting Hub hosting plans, a customer is also able to scale their service up to meet increased resource demand. The word UNLIMITED brings expectations of endless server space, power and resources, but the reality is that there are reasonable limits in place to keep servers operating at an optimal level while maintaining a low cost.