Monitoring who is visiting your site and what they view on your website is important as your website grows. Awstats is a free tool in your cPanel that provides vital statistics about visitors to your website.
How do I access Awstats?
Awstats is a free website statistic tool that can be accessed through your cPanel under Logs.
Once selected, click on the magnifying glass by your domain and your website statistics will be displayed.
Awstats is updated every 24 to 36 hours, if your statistics have not updated within that time frame please contact our support at
What can I see in Awstats?
Awstats provides many methods to track and monitor the visitors to your website, what they see, and where they come from. Below is a summary of the many options available in Awstats:
- Visitor history - This section shows how many people visit your site and is sorted by hour, day, and month
- Duration of visits - This section shows how long people visit your site, and is important as it will show if visitors are staying for only a few seconds, or are staying long enough to read multiple pages
- Pages viewed - Here you can see which pages are the most popular on your site
- Origin - This section in Awstats shows if your visitors visit your site directly from the link, from a search engine, or from another source
- Search Information - Displays what keywords visitors are using to visit your site
For a detailed explanation of these terms that awstats uses, please see the following link: Awstats Glossary.