We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
At Web Hosting Hub, phpMyAdmin is included on all hosting accounts. To access phpMyAdmin, first you must log into your account cPanel. There may be times however that you need a developer to access your databases. If you don't want to give your developer access to the cPanel, you can install PHPMyAdmin. This will allow you to give your developer direct access to phpmyadmin without logging into cPanel.
1. Visit this site and download the latest version of phpMyAdmin:
3. Once the file is uploaded, extract the file. To extract the file, click the zip file and select Extract:
4. Make sure the zip file is extracted into the public_html folder:
5. You now need to create a folder in phpMyAdmin-22.214.171.124-all-langages folder. Open the folder that was just created by the unzipped file:
6. Next click on New Folder in the menu:
7. Name the new folder you are creating “config”:
8. Now go back to your public_html folder. Next we will rename the phpMyAdmin-126.96.36.199-all-languages folder to just phpmyadmin. We do this to make the link to access your phpmyadmin easier to remember. To rename the folder, first right-click on phpMyAdmin-188.8.131.52-all-languages and select "Rename":
9. In the box, put in the new name as phpmyadmin and click OK:
10. Next we will set up phpMyAdmin. Visit http://yourdomain.com/phpmyadmin/setup in your web browser (replacing yourdomain.com with your domain name). The following page will appear:
11. You will need to create a config.inc.php file. This setup page will create the file for you. Click New server as highlighted above. In the field labeled “Verbose name of this server” enter a name for your server. In this example we will just call it "Hub Server". Once you have put in your server name, click Save:
12. Confirm your server name is added and click Save again:
13. Now we will go back to your cPanel File Manager. In the "config" folder that we created earlier, now there is a file called config.inc.php:
14. We need to move the file into the phpmyadmin folder. Right-click on the config.inc.php and select "Move." Move the file to the phpmyadmin folder:
15. We are almost done. So that no one else can configure your settings, once the file's moved delete the config folder:
16. Finally we are ready to access your phpmyadmin. In your browser, visit http://yourdomain.com/phpmyadmin/index.php (replacing yourdomain.com with your primary domain):
17. Now you can log directly into your phpmyadmin without accessing the cPanel. For the username and password, just use the username and password for one of your databases. To find the user assigned to your database, login to your cPanel and access the MySQL Databases section:
18. Once you have confirmed your username, you can log into phpmyadmin:
If you've forgotten your database password, check your database software for the best method to retrieve it.
We value your feedback!
|Email:||support@WebHostingHub.com||Ticket:||Submit a Support Ticket|
|Chat:||Click To Chat Now|