Paypal is one of the more popular online payment systems available on the internet. It enables you to accept and process credit card payments over the web. OpenCart allows you to integrate this option into the application. By default, OpenCart includes three Paypal options when OpenCart is installed. However, only the UK version is enabled by default. The following article shows you how to setup and configuret the Paypal Standard option in OpenCart 1.5.
Installing the Paypal Payment Gateway in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administrator Dashboard
- Hover over the menu bar where it shows EXTENSIONS. Click on PAYMENTS when the drop-down menu appears. You will see the following:
There are three different versions of the Paypal extension, but only one of them is installed by default (the UK version). If you want to find out more information about the differences in the available Paypal solutions, please go to: Paypal Payments Solutions Comparison Chart.
- Click on the EDIT option in the right column for the PayPal Standard version and you will see the following:
Note that the EMAIL field at the top of the screen is the only mandatory field in the configuration screen for the payment option.
The following table explains each option in the configuration options (the non-status items):
||Allows you to test the payment gateway
||This is either an authorization of a payment or the completion of a sale (Paypal can be just a payment authorizer, or also track and process the sale)
||Provides more text to help troubleshoot issues
||This is total amount that the order must meet before the payment method can be used
||Indicates the zone that this payment method will be active
||Indicates if the option is active and available for use
||Allows you to determine the order in which payment options will appear for the customer
Go through each of these options and determine the setting by clicking on each item's drop down menu.
- There are also 10 different order statuses that can be set in the configuration. These options include the following selection in the drop-down menu:
Each of these order states can be selected as the default selection status of the ten listed order statuses. These definitions depend on the items you allow to be processed in your store (and if they are processed a particular way). For example, it possible that you have a failed status and the default order status would be VOIDED. This same process maybe different with other stores, but it depends on how you process these situations.
Here is a quick breakdown of each field:
||Canceled charge reversal
||Expired card- could not be charged
||Awaiting processing of charge
||Charge in the middle of being processed
||Amount being refunded to customer
||Charge being reversed on order
||Charge voided - meaning it no longer exists
Click on the drop-down to select the default status of each order field.
- Once you have completed determining the status defaults and the other configuration options in Step 4, click on SAVE in the top right hand corner to complete the process and save the entries.