Today’s online marketing strategies rely heavily on blogging. Both businesses and personal site operators use blogging as a means of bolstering the content on their site, highlighting their expertise on a particular topic, and engaging with their viewers. Blogging keeps site visitors coming back for fresh content. If done well, it can allow visitors to interact with the brand, keep abreast of current events, and feel as though they are part of that brand’s community. Regularly updated blogs also provide both a means to engage with visitors and a way to bolster rankings in search results.
Most companies and individuals, whether novice or experienced with blogging, will use a CMS (content management system) to build and develop their idea into a functional site. The most popular CMS, by far: WordPress.
Why Should I Start Blogging with WordPress?
WordPress is a free, open source blogging software that is easy to set up, use, and customize. In fact, almost 25% of all websites on the internet use WordPress. It is the most frequently recommended choice for building both blogs and other types of websites. To get started with WordPress, one only needs a good web hosting company, and an idea. Because so many people use WordPress, almost every web hosting provider should support it, and many even offer solutions that install it automatically for you.
What Do I Need to Get Started?
In order to set up a WordPress site, the user has to obtain a domain name. That way, web browsers will know where to go to find the blog. At Web Hosting Hub, we not only offer award winning web hosting plans that support WordPress and come highly recommended by industry professionals, but also provide a domain name for free with every hosting package. How To Get Online, a popular educational resource for entrepreneurs and small business owners, has even named Web Hosting Hub a Top Choice for WordPress three years in a row!
What to Look for in a Word Press Web Hosting Package
- WordPress Optimization – Hosting companies that do not optimize for WordPress may provide sluggish page load times, broken page elements, and a host of other problems that can undermine your site’s success. WordPress optimization will make sure your site runs quickly and smoothly.
- High Uptime Percentage – If you have a busy blog you do not want it to become unavailable for prolonged periods. Look for an uptime guarantee in the high 90s or above.
- One-Click Installation – Ease of setup will be important, especially for your first blog. Key for beginning bloggers, one-click installation makes it possible for first-timers to build a site in minutes by automating the process.
- Robust Servers – While you may start off small if you have an interesting, well-presented topic, your traffic will grow. If you get to be too large, though, you may use a lot of the host server’s resources. This can degrade your site’s performance. A slow site becomes frustrating to visitors, leaving them frustrated and unlikely to stay on your site very long.
- Reliable and Fast Customer Support – If you ever have a problem, you need it addressed as soon as possible. That’s why providers like Web Hosting Hub provide highly trained, 24/7 customer support.
- Good Reputation – Good references usually equate to superior performance. Look for other bloggers who have used the WordPress web host you want to use before buying anything. If other bloggers had a good experience, you probably will too.
Ready to Start Blogging?
Now you know what you need to get started, so why not begin today? Here is a helpful step-by-step tutorial on how to start a blog from HowToStartABlog101.com showing you just how easy it is to launch your own WordPress blog/site with our very own quality web hosting. Happy blogging!