To organize your incoming mail more efficiently, you can create folders in Outlook to store your emails.
- On the Menu Bar, click on File, then select New and click on Folder
- In the Name box, enter the name you want for the folder
- In the Folder Contains field, select the type of folder you are creating
- In the Select where to place the folder field, select the location of the folder
- Click OK and the new folder will be created.
- To create a folder, first select the Folder tab at the top of the program and under New Group click New Folder
- In the Name box, enter a name for the folder and then choose the location that you want to put the new folder in
- Now click OK and the new folder will be created
You can create filters to direct messages to your new folder, or manually move incoming emails to your folders. We go over how to create filters in the next section.