Exporting a database will allow you to make a backup of your database for safekeeping or to transfer a database to another server. This can be completed using the "Export" option in phpMyAdmin.
Exporting a Database at Web Hosting Hub
- Log into cPanel.
- Under Databases, click the phpMyAdmin icon.
- Select the database that you want to export from the list in the left menu by clicking the database name.
- Click the "Export" tab in the menu at the top of the page.
- Under the "Export" heading below "View dump (schema) of database"make sure that all of your tables are selected and the SQL option is selected.
- Under "Structure" enable the option that reads, "Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION."
- Make sure "Save as file" is selected in the lower left of the screen. If your database is a large database, you can choose "zipped" or "gzipped" to compress the file for quicker downloading.
- Click the "Go" button on the bottom right.
- When you are prompted to open or save the file, select "Save" to download the database export to your local computer. Please be sure that you take note of the file name and where you save your backup.
If you have multiple databases, please repeat steps 3-7 for each database you wish to export.
Exporting a Database at Another Host
If your host uses cPanel, the steps to access phpMyAdmin should be similar to the above steps for Web Hosting Hub. If your host does not use cPanel or you do not see phpMyAdmin in your account control panel, you will want to contact your hosting provider to ask them how to access phpMyAdmin. Once you have accessed phpMyAdmin, please follow steps 3-7 above to export a copy of your database.